Friday, February 15, 2008

punxsutawney phil & vd

I hung up the phone at 6 PM with one of my brothers. I got the good news regarding my bike, it was shipping. From running and core strength and rock bottom temperatures it was the first sign of spring since Punxsutawney Phil promised us 6 more weeks of winter. Now it was Valentine’s Day, the pesto garlic, three cheese mushroom extravaganza did me in. With only one slice I laid down and shortly thereafter I began barfing. I barfed for 12 hours, until it was just water, until it was morning, until now. Somewhere in the middle of the barfing my sphincter loosened. I did a 180 from head to ass worshiping the porcelain bowl. You know it’s bad when your puke is more solid than your shit. No Valentine’s Day for me. The only saving grace was I lost 5 % of my body weight tipping in at 157 and 6 foot. More like a mountain goat than a mountain bike rider. I feel malnourished. I am going back to bed with visions for Fisher 29ers in my head. I hope to get up eat and feast. With black eyelids and a sore gut. Late…dk

1 comment:

Mel said...

Pretty cool site...it is awesome that you are a biker-I personally am not ,more of a runner. I just moved from Mi. last year, I will miss the LEO torch run for the Special Olympics this year but will make up for it next year I hope.- Is that a pic of you and the great wall? I have traveled around the world twice-been to every shit hole country in the world...and then some- all for work. But I have also been to the great Wall-amazing...some trips were to good places. From the looks of it- You have a good life Dan K-other then pucking your brains out on Valentines Day- that part sucks.. but its all good....you take care...